I am a candidate
Is an Apprenticeship the right option for me?
– Do you want to gain a nationally recognised qualification in your chosen field?
– Do you want to earn while you learn?
If so, an Apprenticeship could be exactly what you are looking for! Apprentices earn a wage and work alongside experienced staff to gain job–specific skills. If you are interested in training for your dream career or interested in changing profession an Apprenticeship could be for you
Why choose us?
Every year the Apprenticeship Academy and local employers train over 400 Apprentices in their chosen profession. Our dedicated Apprentice Academy Team are on hand to support you throughout your apprenticeship journey to ensure you get the most out of the process. Our industry professionals can also advise you on career pathways after your Apprenticeship has finished.
What support will I receive during my Apprenticeship?
Our Apprentices receive extensive support from both employers and the College including:
- College inductions –At the beginning of your apprenticeship you will attend a College induction where you will be introduced to all the services available.
- Workplace mentor –All apprentices are assigned a mentor. Your mentor, usually an experienced member of staff, will assist you in settling into your workplace in addition to supporting your progress through your apprenticeship.
- Trainer assessor– Every apprentice will meet with a Trainer Assessor every 8-12 weeks. Your Assessor will check your progression and provide help and support. Your Assessor will set action plans and objectives to ensure you stay on track to completing your apprenticeship.
- Apprenticeship Liaison Officer– An Apprenticeship Liaison Officer is available at the College to monitor your progression, help with any problems you may encounter and act as a point of contact for both you and your employer.
|How many hours will I work each week?|
|Minimum hours a week is 30 including off the job training.|
|How much will I earn?|
|Minimum salary for an Apprentice is £4.81 per hour for under 19 year old or over 19s in their first year of Apprenticeship, although some employers may pay more.|
|Who can apply for an Apprenticeship?|
|Anyone living in England, over 16 and not in full–time education can apply.|
|Is there an additional cost?|
|Learners may need to purchase uniform and/or equipment depending on the employer.|
|If I have an additional learning need, will there be support available?|
|Yes, we are committed to supporting all our Apprentices throughout the process. Please contact the Apprenticeship Centre to find out more.|
|What if I don’t meet the entry requirements?|
|Talk to us to see what support we can offer.|