I am an employer
APPRENTICESHIP INCENTIVE DOUBLED FOR EMPLOYERS!
Employers who hire a new apprentice between 1 April 2021 and 30 September 2021 will receive £3,000 per new hire, regardless of the apprentice’s age. This is on top of the £1,000 payment already provided for new apprentices aged 16 to 18, therefore some employers could be entitled to receive £4,000 in total. With the new cash incentives being announced there has NEVER been a better time to take on an apprentice!
What is an Apprenticeship?
An Apprenticeship is a work-based learning programme designed by employers for employers. Apprenticeships represent a cost effective innovative way to progress your existing staff’s Continuous Professional Development (CPD) or bring in new enthusiastic staff to meet the demands of your business.
The government say 96% of employers who took on an Apprentice reported benefits to their organisation, and estimates each Apprentice increases their businesses productivity by £214 per week.
Key points to an Apprenticeship:
- Apprentices must be over 16 years old
- Apprentices must be employed in a genuine job for 30+ hours per week (this can include their day at college). They CANNOT be self – employed or a volunteer
- Apprentices must complete 20% off the job training
- Minimum length of an Apprenticeship is 12 months and 1 week. Apprentices should have a contract of employment for the duration of the Apprenticeship including End-point assessment.
We offer a variety of Apprenticeship in industries including Hairdressing, Engineering, Childcare, Construction, Business support plus many more. To find a course that will suit your business download our course leaflets.
- Off the job training
- Barbering & Hairdressing Apprenticeships
- Business Apprenticeships
- Care Apprenticeships
- Construction Apprenticeships
- Engineering Apprenticeships
|What are the benefits to my business?|
|Improved staff morale92% of businesses employing Apprentices report a more motivated and satisfied workforce.|
|Improved profits81% of businesses employing Apprentices report improved profits.|
|Skills for the future and staff retention 80% of employers report Apprenticeship training has increased staff retention.|
|Increased productivity £214 a week Businesses using Apprenticeships have increased productivity.|
Peterborough College is the Data Controller in respect of the data recorded on this form. We will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us. A copy of our Data Protection policy is available from reception.