Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Level 3
Type: Part Time
Subject: Engineering and Motor Vehicle
Start Date: 16 September 2021
34 weeks for two years – Thursday 9am to 5pm
Who is it for
This course reflects modern practices and provides a solid introduction into major areas of mechanical engineering. The course consists of basic electrical theory, which covers the underlying principles of mechanical systems including Mechanical Principles, Mechanical Measurement & Testing, Engineering Design and an Engineering Project.
Interview Skills Assessment
An informal interview is required with the tutor before joining this course
What will I need
• Engineering based BTEC First Diploma (merit or higher) or VRQ qualification
• 4 GCSE's grade C or higher and must include Maths, English & Physics/Science • Mature students with different qualifications / experience will be considered at the tutor's discretion
What is covered
Core units (plus 5 additional specialist units):
• Health and Safety
• Mechanical Measurement & Testing
• Communications for technicians
• Engineering project
• Maths for technicians
• Electrical and electronic principles
• Mechanical principles and applications
How is the course assessed
What can this course lead to
BTEC National students who successfully complete the course can continue on to the Higher National course in Engineering, subject to meeting the entry requirements. The BTEC National is well recognised by employers and can assist employees in gaining promotion and/or new positions in the engineering industry. Students who obtain a BTEC National are eligible for stage 1 registration on the Engineering Council's Technician register.
Are there any additional costs
£15 College registration fee.
The course is equivalent to 2 A levels. Reduced fees are available under certain circumstances. Please contact the Information Centre on 0345 8728722 for further details.