Diploma in Education and Training Level 5
Type: Part Time
Subject: Teaching, Training and Learner Support
Start Date: 20 September 2021
36 weeks per year for two years
3.30pm – 6.30pm
Who is it for
This is for teachers who already have the Level 3 qualification and have been teaching for a full year.
What will I need
You will need the following:
• The Level 3 Award or PTTLS
• Level 3 qualification in your subject area
• Level 2 qualification in English and Maths
• To be in a full teaching role (planning, delivering and assessing)
• Access to 100 teaching hours over 2 years
• At least a year's teaching experience already
• A clear full DBS check
Your individual needs, qualifications and circumstances will be discussed at interview, and you will also be required to complete a short written assessment on the day.
What is covered
The course covers the following units:
• Teaching, Learning & Assessment in Education & Training
• Inclusive Practice
• Managing Behaviours in a Learning Environment
• Wider Professional Practice and Development in Education & Training
How is the course assessed
Your achievement will be assessed in a variety of ways such as written assignments, observations of your teaching, professional discussions and presentations to peers: these will be decided by your course tutor. All the evidence of these tasks create your level 5 portfolio.
What can this course lead to
This course can lead to progression into employment as teachers/trainers and professional recognition qualifications.
Are there any additional costs
No additional costs other than stationery: A4 ring–bind folder, pens and memory stick.