Functional Skills Maths - Intensive
Type: Part Time
Subject: English and Maths
Start Date: 06 September 2021
Fee: Please contact the Information Centre for fee information
Once you have completed an application you will be invited in to complete a screening assessment and dates will be confirmed.
Entry levels / Level 1 / Level 2
Who is it for
Over 19 students who wish to improve their understanding of maths and work towards gaining a nationally recognised qualification within a face to face taught environment.
The course will run for 1 week, Monday to Friday and the exam will take place on the Friday of your course.
Supplementary online materials will be available for students to complete additional work outside contact hours.
You must be able to commit to the full week of the course and the exam on the Friday.
It is recommended you have access to a computer or laptop device and an internet connection. (a phone or small tablet will not be sufficient)
What will I need
• Computer/Laptop (recommended)
• Maths set
• General stationary
How is the course assessed
• Online formative assessment throughout the week.
• Online Examination
What can this course lead to
• Progression onto the next level of mathematics, Higher Functional Skills Mathematics into GCSE maths.
• A level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics qualification is an entry requirement to many jobs.
Are there any additional costs
The course is free for anyone without a GCSE A* – C OR 9 – 4.
• You must attend all five days of the course.
• To complete an initial activity please visit:
If you are interested in joining this course please call the College on 0345 872 8722.