Personal and Social Development (PSD)
Type: Full Time
Subject: Entry Level and Supported Learning
Level: Entry Level
Start Date: 31 August 2022
Fee: Please contact the Information Centre for fee information
Who is it for
This subject is ideal for any learner with additional learning needs or disabilities, who would like to improve and maintain some of the basic life skills that are needed to make you a fully rounded and more independent citizen.
What will I need
There are no entry requirements for the course however you cannot study below
your current minimum level qualification.
What is covered
You will cover a range of subjects that will help you to become a more rounded and happy person that is able to make the most of the life experiences that are available to you. The Personal and Social Development (PSD) qualifications offer imaginative ways of supporting young people in:
• Becoming confident individuals who are physically, emotionally and socially healthy
• Being responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society and embrace change
• Managing risk together with their own wellbeing
You will have the opportunity to explore new challenges and new experiences that will be decided on the specific needs of each learner.
What can this course lead to
Following the course you have several options:
• Continuing at the next level of study available in inclusive learning
• Move onto a mainstream course in the College
• Move onto a supported internship
• Voluntary or paid employment
• More independent living
Are there any additional costs
Educational trips, approximately £25 per year.