Understanding End of Life Care
Type: Part Time
Subject: Distance Learning
Start Date: 31 August 2021
What can this course lead to
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to the following:
• Level 2 and 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
• Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support Services
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to prepare to enter or progress within employment in a variety of sectors and job roles where an understanding of care planning is required.
Up to 16 weeks
Who is it for
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who wish to gain an understanding of end of life care. These may be learners who wish to access this training with a view to progress to further qualifications or employment within health and social care, to complement other qualifications in apprenticeship frameworks within health or health and social care, or to develop in their current job role within health and social care.
What is covered
6 mandatory units:
• Understand how to work in end of life care
• Care planning in end of life care
• Understand how to provide support to manage pain and discomfort
• End of life care and dementia
• Understanding the role of the care worker in time of death
• Understand loss and grief in end of life care.
Interview Skills Assessment
Responses to questions to be marked by a dedicated tutor and feedback to provided via online course portal.