Principles of Care Planning
Type: Part Time
Subject: Distance Learning
Start Date: 31 August 2021
What can this course lead to
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to the following:
• Level 2 and 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
• Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support Services
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to prepare to enter or progress within employment in a variety of sectors and job roles where an understanding of care planning is required.
Up to 16 weeks
Who is it for
This qualification will help learners to understand their role in supporting the preferences and needs of individuals in relation to their care or support, the development and implementation of care plans and contributing to the review of these by observing, monitoring and reporting on the care activities they're responsible for.
What is covered
6 mandatory units:
• Understanding person–centred thinking and planning
• Care planning for the care worker
• Understanding nutrition and hydration in health and social care settings
• Principles of supporting an individual to maintain personal hygiene
• Understanding continence care
• Principles of supporting sleep
Interview Skills Assessment
You will be assessed via a portfolio of evidence.