Award in Understanding Domestic Retrofit Level 2
Type: Part Time
Start Date: 24 May 2023
What can this course lead to
Potential future career:
(jobs and courses) Achievement of this qualification confirms the learner has gained the knowledge and understanding required to:
– Progress directly into employment
– Progress into further learning at a higher level
The design of the course is focussed on providing the learner with the opportunity to gain knowledge and understanding to assist with progression onto the NVQ Level 2 or Level 3 in Building Treatments and Insulation or into employment in the retrofit sector of the construction industry.
Upcoming course dates:
– May 22nd – 24th
– June 26th – 28th
Who is it for
This qualification is vocationally based and it aims to introduce learners to the retrofit sector of the construction industry. Successful completion of the qualification will provide learners with knowledge and understanding of the principles of retrofit. It is focussed on the building insulation aspect of retrofit and is designed to support learners to progress onto the NVQ Level 2 in Building Insulation and Treatments.
The qualification has been developed in partnership with the Retrofit Academy, the leading provider for education and training in the retrofit sector.
What will I need
There are no formal entry requirements for learners undertaking this qualification, but it is principally designed for persons who are aged 16 years of age or older and who already have a background and experience in the construction industry. This could include learners who have achieved or working towards other construction qualifications such as Construction VRQs or individuals who work or have worked in the construction industry and are looking to move into the retrofit sector.The learner must be in a position to demonstrate the requirements of the qualifications and have access to required assessment opportunities and relevant resources. Please refer to specific assessment requirements for more information.
Centres should undertake initial assessment activities with learners to ensure these are appropriate qualifications for them, and they can achieve the level they will be studying before enrolling them onto a programme of learning.
What is covered
Understanding Domestic Retrofit Students will be able to:
1. Identify the main types of documents used in the domestic retrofit industry and interpret their information.
2. Be able to interpret health and safety information.
3. Be able to identify the materials required for work activities in domestic retrofit.
4. Be able to identify the risk of damage to the work and the surrounding area.
5. Be able to understand the basic principles for domestic retrofit installations.
6. Be able to understand how to carry out basic domestic retrofit installations.
How is the course assessed
The tests are externally set and marked, consisting of multiple–choice questions covering the Learning Outcomes and associated requirements for the units. The tests and qualifications are graded at Pass/Fail.
– The end assessment consists of 35 multiple choice questions and the learners have 50 minutes to complete the assessment.
– The end assessments will be closed book and the learners are not permitted to use their notes to answer the questions.
– The overall pass mark in each end assessment is 25 out of 35. Learners who achieve this mark or higher in end assessments will receive the NOCN level 2 Award.
– Learners who achieve less than 25 at the first attempt will be given the opportunity to re–take the test.
Course fee: £695
For more information please contact us.
This course consists of 2 days face to face in college and 1 day remote emmersive, including online exams. Extensive teaching and learning material has been developed by the Retrofit Academy to support the delivery of the course. This can be accessed by individuals or as a class group.