Care and Management of Diabetes
Type: Distance Learning
Subject: Distance Learning
Start Date: 03 July 2023
What will I need
You must be 19 or over to be able to apply for this course.
Entry is at the discretion of the Centre. However, learners should be aged at
least 16 to undertake the qualification.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this
qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they've already achieved
a Level 1 qualification.
For more information contact Jobsmart on:
Tel: 01733 863068
Up to 16 weeks
Who is it for
There is an emerging global epidemic of diabetes. In the UK alone, 3.2
million people are diagnosed with the disease and an estimated 630,000 people
have the condition but don't know it. It is believed that deaths from diabetes
will rise by more than 50% in the next ten years. Simple lifestyle measures can
be effective in preventing or delaying the onset of this chronic, debilitating
and often deadly disease
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who wish to gain
an understanding of the care and management of diabetes.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 19 and
What is covered
This qualification aims to:
– Provide an understanding of the different types of diabetes and how they
– Develop awareness of how the onset of Type 2 diabetes can be delayed with
– Develop understanding of diabetes diagnosis and initial care
– Develop understanding of ongoing care and treatment of diabetes to control
blood sugar levels.
What can this course lead to
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
– Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of
– Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
– Level 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector