Nutrition and Health
Type: Distance Learning
Subject: Distance Learning
Start Date: 03 July 2023
What will I need
You must be 19 or over to be able to apply for this course.
Entry is at the discretion of the Centre. However, learners should be aged at
least 16 to undertake the qualification.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this
qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they've already achieved
a Level 1 qualification.
For more information contact Jobsmart on:
Tel: 01733 863068
Up to 16 weeks
Who is it for
The number of obese people in the UK has more than trebled in the last 25
years, reaching what many doctors believe to be ’epidemic' proportions.
Insufficient nutrition can lead to a variety of health–threatening conditions;
understanding the benefits of a balanced diet and the role of nutrition in the
prevention and treatment of disease is fundamental.
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners with some
existing knowledge of this area who are interested in improving their
understanding of nutrition and health.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 19 and
What is covered
This qualification aims to:
– Increase understanding of the principles of healthy eating and the role of
food in maintaining health
– Increase confidence in planning and achieving a healthy diet
– Provide an understanding of how an individual's dietary requirements
change throughout their life
– Provide an understanding of food labelling and the ability to use
information from food labels
– Provide information on eating disorders
– Increase understanding of the role of a healthy diet for weight
– Increase understanding of the principles of food safety in a home
What can this course lead to
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
– Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
– Level 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
– Level 2 qualifications in Hospitality and Catering
– Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Exercise and Fitness