Peterborough College students win 7 awards at this year’s AHT awards!
On Wednesday, the 30th of March 2022, Peterborough College attended the regional heat for the AHT (Association of Hairdressers and Therapists) annual competition, in which nationwide hairdressing and beauty students compete against one another.
Students can compete in competitions that specialise in a style, like bridal or 1980s make-up, or other general competitions like “Editorial Make-up” or “Ladies Hairstyling”. Various colleges from the surrounding areas enter into the competition and compete in a variety of different categories which is then scored by a panel of expert judges from the Association of Hair and Therapists.
Finishing in the top three in any of the categories means that you will progress on and represent your college at the National Finals which will take place in the iconic Blackpool Tower Ballroom later this year!
We will be routing for all of our super talented students when they travel there and hopefully they can bring home even more silverware.
Peterborough College winners:
- Tom Matthews, 1st place in Men’s barbering cut & Finish and 1st place in Gents barbering creative cutting & finish on a pre-coloured model
- Daniel Taylor, 2nd place in Men’s barbering cut & Finish
- Saima Asgar, 1st place in 1st Year Ladies Commercial Blow Dry and Finish
- Natasha Smith, 3rd Place in Fantasy Hairdressing total look
- Yazmin Kavanagh, 3rd Place ladies Commercial Blow Dry and Finish
Stamford College winners:
- Kerry Stimson – Blow Dry – 3rd Place
- Elaine Brundell – Blow Dry – 3rd Place
- Sabrina Weston – Bridal Hairstyle – 1st Place
- Katie Peeling – Bridal Hairstyle – 3rd Place
- Sabrina Weston – High Fashion Blow Dry – 3rd Place
- Annabelle Joyce – Gender Transformation – 3rd Place
- Annie Crowley Delaforce – Bridal Makeup – 3rd Place
- Danielle Cosgrove – Face Painting – 2nd Place