Helping you into work!
If you’re looking for work, whether it is full or part-time, we’re here to support you in your search.
Peterborough College works with over 500 local employers, as well as recruitment agencies and Jobcentre Plus to identify new job opportunities in the area and to provide training and support to give you the best chance of being successful.
The College’s Jobsmart employment service can help make sure you have the tools to get the job done.
By registering with Jobsmart, you can benefit from:
- Weekly vacancy listings for local jobs that you could apply for
- Dedicated vacancy matching service where employers contact PRC directly to help them fill their vacancies
- Personal advice on creating an effective CV
- Access to a wide range of training courses, designed in conjunction with employers for the local job market
We regularly work with Job Centre Plus to arrange courses for specific employers. Sector based work academies are designed to give unemployed job seekers the best chance of being successful at interview. We work with the employer to design a training package that prepares candidates for the jobs available, and the employer offers work experience placements and a guaranteed job interview! Many people have found work through this route. For more information on the sector based work academies, speak to your Job Centre Plus Advisor or contact us directly.
We have a complete range of packages to suit you and your job search needs. The training that we offer is designed to assist jobseekers into work by providing a large variety of options to support the job search process. It is an exciting opportunity to receive FREE training and qualifications based upon individual requirements and skill sets.
Peterborough College is involved in delivering Building Better opportunities, a joint programme with The National Lottery Community Fund and European Social Fund to tackle social exclusion across the Greater Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Local Enterprise Partnership Region. Peterborough College belongs to Peterborough Plus, a partnership of over 40 voluntary and community organisations, and will be delivering a programme of support called ‘eMploY-ABILITY’. The BBO eMploY-ABILITY Project aims to support those facing barriers to employment, education or training, whatever these barriers may be.
How can you benefit from the BBO project?
If you want to make that next step into employment, education or training, we are here to help! By becoming a BBO participant, you will have access to a wide-ranging catalogue of opportunities and intervention services. You will be invited to attend one-to-one developmental sessions with a dedicated support worker who will listen to your concerns and worries and celebrate your achievements with you.
The eMploY-ABILITY project is a unique experience for each individual. YOU get to tell us what YOU want to achieve. It’s our job to provide you with TAILORED support & guidance throughout your eMploY-ABILITY journey.
As a BBO participant you will benefit from the following:
- Working collaboratively with your support worker to identify your strengths, abilities and transferable skills
- Verbalising your thoughts in a safe and understanding environment
- Accessing local services, organisations and resources that you find appealing
- Developing a CV that highlights your skills and ability
- Learning and practising interview techniques
- Support with applications and job searching
Is the eMploY-ABILITY Project for me?
The BBO offers a range of support for individuals (16+) that are:
- Economically Inactive (I do not feel ready to apply for jobs or start a course).
- Unemployed (I am entirely without work but actively seeking employment).
Can you relate to one or more of the barriers mentioned below?
- “I feel as though my CONFIDENCE is preventing me from taking the next step.”
- “I can’t embark on employed as CHILDCARE is too expensive.”
- “I’m struggling with my PHYSICAL or MENTAL HEALTH and I need some support.”
- “I feel ISOLATED and worry about mixing with new people.”
- “I do not have access to TRANSPORT.”
- “I need support with my COMMUNICATION (written and/or verbal) as this is something that I find difficult.”
We understand that everyone is unique, facing their own obstacles in life. So don’t worry if your barriers are not listed above – you can still register your interest in our project.
How can you access the BBO Project?
All you need to do is contact our eMploY-ABILITY Support worker directly, who will provide you with further details. Someone can make contact on your behalf, if you prefer.
Peterborough College BBO eMploY-ABILITY Support Worker:
Beverly Clayton – Beverly.Clayton@peterborough.ac.uk
To speak with Beverly over the phone, please call: 01733 863068
If you’d like to find out about the latest job vacancies and get access to other support throughout your search for work, please contact our Jobsmart team on: